9th Bratislava Young Polymer Scientists Conference
... follows the tradition of regular meetings of young scientists which we started in last few years. BYPoS conference is oriented on all fields of macromolecular chemistry and provides the ideal possibility for young polymer scientists (Bc./MSc./PhD. students or young researchers up to 40 years) to present and discuss their results and knowledge in the field of polymer chemistry and incorporate to the group of young motivated people.
From gold to polymers
The lectures will be just a few minutes' walk from the accommodation (Hotel Grand Matej) in the beautiful premises of the former Mining University, which was founded in 1770 and where the Department of Chemistry, Mineralogy and Metallurgy was located. Since at the time of the foundation of the university they were devoted to gold, we named this year's conference "From Gold to Polymers".
We believe that you will enjoy the historical premises of the former university (nowadays High Industrial School of Samuel Mikovíni; www.mikovini.sk) and the area of the botanic garden next to the lecture hall during the BYPoS conference 2023.
- Synthesis, modification and characterization of polymers
- Polymer blends, composites and processing of polymers
- Smart polymers and biopolymers
- Bio-related applications of polymers
- Polymer stability and degradation
- Physics of polymers (theory, modelling and simulation)
- Prof. dr hab. inz. Krzysztof Pielichowski, Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Cracow University of Technology Tadeusz Kosciuszko, Cracow, Poland
Title of presentation: Organic-inorganic hybrid materials: Polyurethane-POSS story
- Dr. David Pahovnik, National Institute of Chemistry, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Title of presentation: Ring-opening polymerization of heterocyclic monomers
- Dr. Zuzana Benková, Polymer Institute, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Slovakia
Title of presentation: Adsorption of Peptides onto Carbon Nanotubes Grafted with Poly(ethylene Oxide) Chains
- Assistant Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Dr.techn. Stefan Baudis, Institute of Applied Synthetic Chemistry, Technology University Vienna, Austria
Title of presentation: Smart Polymers for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
BYPoS will contain introductory lectures for each section.
All participants are called to have lectures.
Main lecture (invited speakers): 40 min. + 10 min. for discussion
Contributed lecture (all participants): 15 min. + 5 min. for discussion